How You Can Help
There are a number of ways you can help:
Host a Red Party. We have compiled our ideas and suggestions for how to plan and hold a fun and successful Red Party. We have tried to be thorough to ensure that you have all that you need. Our aim in doing this, however, is not to overwhelm you, or limit your own creativity! At its heart, a Red Party is a gathering of friends who support of girls' education and empowerment across the world. You do not have to throw a huge party to participate! Invite a few friends out for Bloody Marys on your birthday and ask that they donate to 50 Cents Period instead of giving you gifts. Host a reading of The Vagina Monologues and donate the tickets proceeds. Ask the your office to wear red one day, and collect donations in tampon boxes in the restrooms. Celebrate turning 50 with support for 50 Cents Period! There are so many possibilities.
For a lot more information and your guide to throwing a Red Party, please click here.
Make a Donation of Cash. You can even donate securely through Just Give. Our button is on the right of this page. Your gifts of cash are tax-deductible to the extent of the law.
Considering that just 50 cents buys a package of sanitary products, the following illustrates the tremendous impact your gift can make:
How much does 50 cents buy?
• .50 = average cost of one package of sanitary pads in the regions abroad where we work
• $1.50 = cost of supplying pads for one month for a woman or girl in India/Nepal/Uganda
• $5 = 3 pairs of underwear or one school bag
• $12 = a year’s supply of soap for a woman/girl in rural Uganda
• $14 = 6 month supply of pads for a newly-arrived refugee woman in Atlanta
• $42 = a year’s supply of pads and underwear for a school girl/rural woman
• $50 = sponsoring a woman to attend PeriED (our day-long basic women’s health education workshop)
• $100 = a year’s supply of pads, underwear, and 8 hours of health education for one woman or girl
• $1,500 = reproductive health educator salary for one year in Nepal
• $2,000 = a tradition six-pit latrine system at a school in India or Uganda
• $3000 = a reverse osmosis/UV light filtration water system for one school and the surrounding community
• $5000 = reproductive health and menstrual hygiene education programs for 400 girls for one year in Andhra Pradesh, India
OR a year’s supply of pads, reproductive health education, and health care for 113 girls in Nepal
Levels of Support
In honor of the monthly cycles of the women and girls we are supporting, we encourage you to become a Monthly Visitor by committing to make a monthly donation of $10 or more for a year.
Anyone who signs up to give $25 on a recurring monthly basis will be included in our Ruby Circle. Ruby Circle members receive a welcome letter, recognition in our annual report, and an annual gift.
Anyone who gives $1000 or more annually will be included in our premiere network of supporters, the Crimson Trust. Crimson Trust members receive special recognition and benefits, including:
• our personal thanks and recognition of your commitment
• recognition of your gift in our annual report
• an annual gift sourced from the communities where we work
• free admission to our annual gala, the Big Red Ball
• special opportunities like US site visits and socials with other sustaining donors
Join the Crimson Trust today!
Make an In-Kind Donation. If you have a skill, professional service or product you think would help us fulfill our mission, please email us at info@50CentsPeriod.org. We would love to hear from you!
Tell ALL Your Friends (and random strangers!) We believe this simple idea to make such a huge impact can go viral with your help!